Events Ningaloo Whale Shark Festival 2017
Running from Friday 26th May to Sunday 28th May 2017
Events this year are going to be spectacular. A huge line up of various events and displays planned over the 3 day festival. Starting Friday night with a Gala Night with the Perth Symphony Orchestra String Quartet. Other acts will be performing during the night.
Saturday will be a huge day starting with a Fancy Dress Fun Run. The Oval will have stalls galore and entertainment throughout the day. The evening will be a big band night with headliners The Southern River Band as the main attraction.
Events on Sunday will include the Big Day Out on Ningaloo Reef. Whale Shark Tours will be on offer at the special price of $350 per person and bookings made through the Exmouth Visitor Centre will have all booking fees waived. The day will end with a Festival Sundowner at the Exmouth Yacht Club. A wonderful end to a wonderful weekend right on the beach. Relax with a drink or two as you watch the sun go down or live it up with bands and entertainers the choice is yours. In addition good food will be available throughout the weekend with a variety of food vans and restaurants at participating venues.
Events, Venues and Times (Friday):
Festival Opening Gala Night – Mantaray’s Ningaloo Beach Resort 7 pm – 10 pm featuring:
Events, Venues and Times (Saturday):
Talanjee Oval 7.30 am – 5 pm featuring:
- Fancy Dress Fun Run for all ages $10 registration 7.30 am. Fun Run begins at 8.30 am with cash prizes sponsored by Ground Control and Gardens. 9.30 am Fun Run Breakfast for all participants and announcement of winners.
- MC Margaret Bertling introduces the days proceeding at 10 am the official opening time of the day’s events. All corporate displays, markets, food and other stalls now open. Performers begin on main stage after official opening.
- Raymond Edney indiginous musician from Carnarvon
- Tom Day roots rock star and brilliant guitarist from Margaret River
- Johan Wellton an internationally acclaimed Circus Performer from Sweden
- Mark Atkins is a didgeridoo virtuoso and a great storyteller
- Ningaloo Swimwear Parade local Ningaloo Swimwear unique to Western Australian lifestyle
- Kaleido Company latest addition to WA’s performing arts scene
- Blue Child Collective plays blues, jazz, folk and funk a bit of something for everyone
- Special Guest Presenters talk about Whale Sharks and other sea life in the Department for Parks and Wildlife (DPaW) tent
- Exmouth Wildlife CARE Group wildlife display stall focusing on local rescued wildlife including photos and cuddles with Joeys, education and awareness of local wildlife and raffle prizes. All prizes kindly donated from local businesses and group members
- Monsterball party equipment including the Ninja Challenge and Inflatable Basket Court
Cadillacs 7pm – 12 am featuring:
Tickets $50 available from http://www.ningaloowhalesharkfestival.com includes door prize draw for 2 Whale Shark Tours kindly donated by King’s Ningaloo Reef Tours
- Daytora4 performing Garage Rock-N-Roll
- Jade Mills a Fire Twirling Artist
- The Southern River Band headline act performing Rock, Boogie and Country
Events, Venues and Times (Sunday):
Big Day Out On Ningaloo Reef:
All the following tour operators are offering a special price of $350 per person
Ningaloo Discovery Exmouth Diving Centre
Kings Ningaloo Reef Tours
Ningaloo Blue Dive
Ocean Eco Adventures
Three Islands Whale Shark Dive
Festival Sundowner Exmouth Yacht Club 2pm – 10pm
All ages Tickets $10 for Adults Children are free
- Dig for Cash on the beach 2pm – 3pm – Prizes kindly sponsored by IGA
- Food stalls, Exmouth Yacht Club Bar and Kitchen opens from 3pm
- Raymond Edney, Blue Child Collective, Mark Atkins, Johan Wellton, Tom Day, Daytora4 and Grace Barbe perform once again for the festival wind up
- Festival closing speeches by Festival Chairperson Cath Godfrey and Ecoocean’s Brad Norman 7.20 – 7.30pm
Events Ningaloo Whale Shark Festival really does have something for everyone. Whichever event you attend you won’t be disappointed. The Festival is a true Community Spirited Event celebrating our beautiful Gentle Giants of the Ocean and everything our lovely ocean town has to offer.
For full program details download the PDF Version here http://ningaloowhalesharkfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2017-Ningaloo-Whaleshark-Program.pdf